Ladies, this post is for you. Do you find yourself clamoring for some girl time? Do yourself a favor and make it happen. Spring is finally here, but you have to wade through the rainy season before you can really start enjoying outdoor happy hours with your besties. Instead of covering your pretty party clothes with wellies and raincoats, invite your friends over for a low-key but luxurious leisurely Girls’ Night In. Enjoy a fun chick flick or series, delicious drinks, and wonderfully girly candles from Voluspa, Thymes, and Aura.
Top Three Girly Candles For Girls’ Night In
3. Voluspa Pink Citron. This pretty-in-pink candle will fit in perfectly as your friends gather in your home. Let the delicious fragrance of citron grapefruit, cassis, and rose welcome your friends with this gorgeous ceramic candle burning in the foyer.
2. Thymes Kimono Rose. This classic Thymes fragrance blends the most gorgeous florals, (rose, peony, and jasmine,) with a burst of clementine, juicy black currant, and smooth, sweet vanilla. Keep this candle burning in the washroom along with the Kimono Rose hand wash and hand lotion and provide your friends with a rosy retreat.
1. Aura Luxe. This new fragrance from California darlings at Aura Candles is as fabulous as it sounds. Creamy coconut milk blends with sensual amber and sandalwood for a lavish treat. This is a great scent that will make your friends feel ridiculously pampered in the comfort of your living room.
Top Three Cocktail Ideas
3. Add delicate and edible flowers to ice cube trays to create a lovely adornment for your cocktails. This is a simple way to add an elegant burst of feminine beauty for your girly get-together.
2. Your friends would be happy with plastic cups and paper plates but break out the good stuff for your girls’ night and show them that they’re worth the “if-the-Queen-comes-over” stemware. Besides, you should be enjoying your beloved things whenever possible.
1. What to drink? Anything sparkling. Sparkling wine or champagne are usually saved for special occasions. Making time to see your best friends is a special occasion, even if you do it often! Celebrate your friends with something special like this Blackberry Thyme Champagne cocktail found on Pinterest.
Best Guilty Pleasure Song To Sing After Enjoying Some Cocktails
There is no contest so I’m not even making a top three for this category. After a couple of cocktails, you may feel compelled to break out into song to let your friends know how much you love them. This song is a classic tribute to the friends who will always have your back.
1. Time After Time – Cyndi Lauper. Confession. I sing this song as a lullaby to my baby, but I would absolutely break into this song during a girls’ night. Actually, this song is not a guilty pleasure at all. It is perfection. The song was perfect in the 80s, but pop culture made it even better with the help of Romy & Michele’s High School Reunion and Parks and Recreation.
Top Three Chick Flick Genres
I asked my friends to name their favorite chick flicks and I got so many great responses. Check in with your friends and see what kind of theme fits your collective needs. Here are the most popular just from my gal pals.
3. Best of the Serious Flicks
Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Before Midnight (all three if you have all night and a captive audience)
Sliding Doors, Thelma & Louise, Me And You And Everyone We Know
2. Best of the Sobfests
Love Actually, Steel Magnolias, P.S. I Love You, Beaches, Ghost, Stepmom, The Way We Were
1. Best of the Comedies
This is my favorite category. You’re enjoying some cocktails in a lovely candle-scented room with your very best friends. You will likely talk about real life stress, so save the sorrow-filled movies for when you need alone time and enjoy some laughs with these comedic escapes.
10 Things I Hate About You, Something’s Gotta Give, Overboard, Sex and the City, Sleepless In Seattle, You’ve Got Mail, When Harry Met Sally, The Devil Wears Prada, Clueless, Pitch Perfect, Never Been Kissed, Bridget Jones’s Diary.
Catching Up On The Tube
Top Three Netflix Picks
3. Friends is now on Netflix. Even if you have seen every episode multiple times, this show never loses it’s appeal. This is a great show to just have on in the background while chatting it up with your girlfriends. You can half-pay attention and just tune in during the best moments. You’ll know exactly when they’re coming.
2. For the moms who hope their daughters grow up to be Rory Gilmore, (and to personally be half as cool as Lorelai,) all of Gilmore Girls is streaming on Netflix in all of it’s funny and tender glory.
1. If irreverent humor is what you have in common with your friends, enjoy your cocktails, (or your Pinot Noir,) with The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. You’ll feel pretty fancy with your candles and cocktails while watching Kimmy hilariously navigate modern life in New York City after escaping underground captivity for 14 years.
Whatever you choose to do on your Girls’ Night In, make sure to set the scene to reflect how special your friends are to you. Providing a one-night girl’s getaway in your home is a great way to show your friends how much you appreciate their friendship. Take it one step farther by adding special touches of elegance and creating a calm, lovely atmosphere with beautifully scented girly candles.